Friday, June 12, 2009

Was It All Really Worth It?...Really?!

Everybody gets thier few minutes of fame, it's all about what you do with it, what imprint you leave on peoples minds when the lights fade off. It's inevitable...It all fades away at some point.



It's better to have had it than not at all, that's what they keep telling me. Fuck that. Is it me or do most people find God after they have had to live with the guilt of fucking shit up for others. Sort of like, "I know you won't take my apology if I don't have God as part of my entourage" type nonsense.
What I'm trying to get at is:
Take MC Hammer for example. I was there when this nigga was reigning supreme with his House Nigga pants, fucking Hip Hop up the ass...yeah I was a fan, an eleven year old fan. Honestly, I never liked him for his rhymes, I just thought dude was funny. Untill the Hip Hop nation started calling out for dudes head, I was like...hell yeah...Burn His Ass On A Steak! Let Him Burn!
That's Hip Hop...PLease don't make me explain...I just had to go along.

And in retrospect...Hip Hop was right. Dude came in the scene. Made Hip-Hop Disney. Made mad loot. Wasted his loot. Disappeared. Re-Appeared...As a Reverand, trying to act like it never happened.
We see you Stanley Kirt "MC Hammer" Burrell!
I see You!

Vanilla Ice apologized...Where's yours?






YOU AND YOUR BUDDY VANILLA ICE TOOK US FOR A RIDE MAN!
BUT YOU'RE BLACK...HOW COULD YOU MAN!
WHY DIDN'T YOU STICK TO DANCING MAN!
LOOK AT YOU NOW MAN!

NOW YOU'RE FUCKED! - KRS-One

Was It All Really Worth It! Really Now!






2 comments:

  1. Amu, MC Hammer was not hiphop. He was a pop rapper at best. While Hammer was hot, real hiphop still thrived, he did not kill it. Hammer had his audience and true hiphop had it's own, till this day.

    ust because somebody is rapping over whatever beats (which does not make it hiphop by the way) and the media gives him attention and suckas who know nuthing about the culture classify it as hiphop, it only changes the perception of hiphop to those that are ignorant to the culture. True heads know and stick to their hiphop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singata...I hear u. What i'm trying to say is: "You made the loot, played the fool, lost the money...Now what. He lost the fortune, never had the respect, and is kicking himself for not leaving a good legacy, that's a bitch.

    If you going to sell out for the loot, at least make sure you keep the loot coming, or last.
    That's wus up1
    But i hear you though.

    ReplyDelete