Sunday, May 3, 2009

Days Our SAMA’s

Well, just like the rest of the unfortunate portion of society, I got to watch the South African Music Awards from home...on my big ass HD plasma screen. Ten minutes into the ceremony I didn't feel so unfortunate after all. They Sucked!

I know I'm part of the South African music industry, but it brings tears to my eyes when I see the media struggle to make us (artist) look cool to the public. The only highlight for me, I bet for a lot of people too, was the MC for the night, Trevor Noah. Homeboy was on point...he's the future. Trevor kept the crowd in stitches and barely had hiccups on stage. The broadcast was very sloppy with too many glitches. I keep saying, "Don't go live if you don't know what you doing". Take "Yo! TV" for example; that show has kids as presenters, the production team is fairly young, but that show rocks, and they go live six times a week. You guys can learn something from that show.

But anyway, forget all that. I'm not really blogging about that.

Slikour


Da L.E.S.



My home boys opened up the show with a little staged Hip-hop battle," Slikour" vs. "L.E.S.". They brought the fire; I might be a little bias on this one, being a fan of hip-hop and them dudes being my friends. Mr Selwyn looked dope...T.F. For life. But the fact that the South African Music Awards opened with a hip-hop number made me feel proud to be an MC in S.A. I never thought I'd live to see shit like that happening. "Nou die last" Hip-hop act headline shows, that's what's up. It's good to see all my hard wasn't for nothing.

Oh, did you think I'd forget about the Bricks & D.J Cleo catfight...yeah I said...CATFIGHT, shit was weak. But anyway...that shit was funny though. I bet Brinks wasn't expecting Cleo to be on stage right after him. Ok, for those who don't know what went down, I'ma give you a quick break down.


Days Of Our SAMA's

Bricks vs. DJ Cleo

DJ Cleo


Bricks



[Bricks enter stage]

Bricks: Hola 7!
Ayoba!
Tjovoto!

[English translation]
I'm happy to be here. Thanks for the award. I'm the man. I've been a disappointment to all in the past...blah blah blah.
S'bu, TK, thanks for getting me out of a shity situation!
Cleo you suck big time but I'm in love...I mean I love you bro!

[Cheers & boo's from onlookers]

[Lira enter stage] Shame, she doesn't know what to say

[Cleo enter stage]

Cleo: I'm too hot tonight, look at me damnit! I'm hot, I'm hot!
Who sucks? I just received my second award this weekend. WHO SUCKS!
Thanks to all my fans for downloading my track.
I'm Hot! I'm Hot! I'm Hot!

[Later at the after party]

[Cleo spots Bricks in a corner doing God knows what]

Cleo: My nigga, what happened?

Bricks: Eish mfana, eish mfana, hade...
I was confused boy, I saw all though people looking at me, i started thinking of Shwashi boy.
I didn't mean it boy, the lights were in my eyes and the people boy, Shwashi boy, I forgot where I was boy.
Hade boy.

Cleo: Whatever my nigga. I did everything for you, I made you. Now you diss me.
It's ok.
I'll just move "To the left" and you "To the right"
"Everybody sing...To the left...to the right"

[Poof!...Cleo disappears in a smoke screen]

Bricks: Hawu! How can this guy disappear in weed smoke?

[Bricks continues to do whatever he was up too]


To be continued...

Next on Days Of Our SAMA's...

L.E.S. & The Goons

2 comments:

  1. Dope Blog. U must push this shit, market it more. It's good hear straight talk from someone in the industry.

    I'm guessing u're talking about Teargas? They are all over radio these days. That Cleo and Bricks shit is hilarous.

    ReplyDelete